Why Election Campaigns Don't Accumulate Trash


Where I come from, elections and the election campaign greet you in the FACE. What would not be more obvious than this photo below? And because posters would tend to pile up one on top of the other, or the same face would be repeatedly posted in a row, tons of paper and tons of trash will find their way on the busy streets... an eyesore really but surprisingly, things are different here in Japan. The election campaign is as subtle as the personality of a typical Japanese. 
More campaign materials More FUN (really???) Photo credit
Campaign posters are only allowed in designated areas and at least here in my city it is strictly implemented. They have boards which are scattered in various places within the community with each candidate assigned a number in the board. 

And while I don't really understand what they are campaigning for, I find some posters rather interesting. And I have some of them here below...I assume they would be representatives of different kinds of people in the local council. The last candidate is actually a housewife and she has a very interesting slogan, something about "Change in the Kitchen to Change in the Government" 
Campaign materials
While I don't really have any participation in their local election and have only voted once in my lifetime for our own government, I am sure about one thing. Whoever you write in the ballot, irregardless of whether he/she wins or not, defines you as a person. So let us write our definition wisely.

Vote wisely Mina-san







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Japan Tidbits © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects