Why am I in Japan? Let the Peanut answer the question.


Why am I here? Now that is a Tricky Question.

And because my mind is still juggled by my research woes and caught up in introspection, allow me to dissect this very basic question and let the peanut explain the solution. (I hate it when I sound too scientific. Blame it on graduate studies...^_^)

Anyway, here goes.

No.1 The shell: The hard part (get it? the "hard" part)

Technically, I am here to study. I have a scholarship and within 5 years I must (stress given here) graduate with a PhD (now don't get me started on this one). Anyway, on the surface, this is the
truest and most certain reason why I am here. Notice how peanut shells make up most of the peanut's volume? In the same way, graduate studies will basically eat up most of my time. The funny thing about peanut shells though is that we peel them off and throw them away. Does this mean...( I would rather not finish this sentence). ^_^

No.2 The brown skin: Thin layer of happiness, thin layer of anything
I am not really sure why the peanut has this thin layer, all I know is that it comes in between the hard shell and the inner core. It is like a thin membrane of anything and everything under the red Japanese sun. I am here to experience a bit of everything, from the sights and sounds to food and the people. I am here to enjoy all that comes in between.



No.3 The edible nut: biting the moment of truth
But after peeling off all those peanut layers, discovering what is inside is still a surprise. Frankly speaking, I am as lost as ever. I am in that certain stage of life where I question the world and its Creator. Why am I where I am now? What is my purpose? What is it that I must do and learn at this moment in time. These questions, not research problems are the hardest to answer and these moments drive me nuts once in a while.
And as I figure out the path which I need to pave for myself, allow me to share the other half of the peanut with you. As they say, some things in life are best remembered when shared. So nibble at these Japan Tidbits with me. Let us enjoy life wherever we may be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Japan Tidbits © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects